Complaints Manager - £200.80 per day - Kensington
We are looking for an experienced Complaints Manager to ensure that the complaints service meets the needs and expectations of all stakeholders and achieves high levels of service-user satisfaction.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision and support of the Complaints Team in providing a quality complaints service. Lead on the analysis of complaints data to identify trends and lessons learnt, ensuring the information is shared internally, externally and used to continuously improve services.
Experience working in a Local Authority setting is essential.
The Complaints Manager duties will include (but may not be limited to):
- Continuously review and update the written policies and procedures for the handling of complaints, compliments, informal complaints, MP/Councillor enquiries and compensation.
- Ensure that residents are consulted when any policy or process change may affect them.
- Supervise the Complaints Officers, including monthly 1-2-1 meetings, regular team meetings, annual performance reviews, setting individual targets/objectives and managing underperformance.
- Monitor the caseload of the Complaints Officers to ensure fair distribution of complaints, and provide assistance during periods of high demand as required.
- Oversee/co-ordinate responses to Designated Persons, the Housing Ombudsman Service and MP/Councillor enquiries on behalf of the directorate, ensuring responses are of good quality, complete and sent on time.
- Establish a service-user group to give residents the opportunity to influence and shape the way complaints are handled and to input into priorities.
- Provide guidance and support to colleagues when implementing the Management of Unreasonable Complainants policy, keeping accurate records to support its use.
- Lead on the learning from complaints, including regular meetings with the Housing Management Team, other management/operational teams and resident bodies to identify and discuss what the feedback is saying and how the information will be used.
- Produce and oversee the annual programme of liaison meetings between the Complaints Team and operational teams to develop good working relationships, share the lessons learnt from complaints and discuss how feedback from residents could be used to improve services.
- Produce regular articles for both internal and external audiences on the complaints process and lessons learnt, including the use of case studies to demonstrate effective resolution.
- Monitor all PIs relating to complaints handling, ensuring data is used to identify changes to improve both performance and process.
- Produce all performance reports as required, including compensation, informal complaints, compliments and management reports (i.e. annual report, resident bodies, Housing Management Team).
- Carry out benchmarking activities and report findings both internally and externally, making recommendations for improvement.
- Produce an annual report on complaints (including informal) and compliments received by the directorate for residents and colleagues.
- Lead on applications for external awards or accreditations to recognise the directorate’s approach to complaint handling.
- Have a flexible approach and a willingness to travel to other London offices as necessary.
- There may be a requirement to attend meetings outside of your normal working day for which sufficient notice will be given.
- Carry out any other duties as instructed by the Assistant Director of Policy and Performance that maybe seen as necessary to the post and commensurate with the post grade.
The successful Complaints Manager will have:
- Local Authority experience
- Advanced knowledge of domestic and EU legislative requirements in relation to public procurement
- Experience of complaints in children’s social care services
- Organising and managing staff
- Establish work and quality programmes, allocate work, monitor and manage all aspects of performance
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
Only applicants with the relevant experience will be considered.
<< Previous Next >>
<< Go back to list