Temp to Perm
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm
North West London
Do you have healthcare experience and a keen interest in working for a Charity?
If yes, then this could be the role for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrator who has experience of working in a healthcare setting to join a busy team in North West London.
The purpose of the role is:
- To provide a front-line reception service to the ward, delivering a high standard of customer care to a wide range of clients groups whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times
- To play a proactive role in ensuring the timely recording of accurate patient data.
EMIS experience would be an advantage.
Duties will include:
Front line reception service
- To provide a proactive front-line reception service to the ward, delivering a high quality of customer service to patients, relatives, carers and staff.
- To demonstrate sensitivity, tact and diplomacy where appropriate, for example when acting as the first point of contact for distressed or anxious relatives.
- To deal with telephone enquiries, ensuring that confidentiality and courtesy are prioritised at all times.
- First point of call for referrals.
- To record on a daily basis all key patient information, including ward admissions, discharges, transfers, deaths, pressure sores, Liverpool Care Pathway, infection status and Preferred Place of Care.
- To ensure the demographic data recorded on Pal Care for every patient admitted to the ward is up to date and that all next of kin information is accurate.
- To ensure patient ethnicity is recorded by one of the nursing team and correctly entered in patients’ admission notes and updated on PalCare.
- To ensure all information from the Midnight to Midnight forms is recorded on Pal Care on a daily basis.
- To ensure patients’ medical records are in good order throughout the admission, inpatient stay and discharge.
- To file patient documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
Administrative service to the ward multi-disciplinary team
- To provide efficient and responsive general administrative support to the ward multi-disciplinary team, including filing, photocopying, shredding, faxing, sorting post, booking rooms, maintaining office equipment and making calls as required.
- To support key ward administrative systems, including the arrangements for complementary therapists.
- To maintain and manage the ward’s stationery supply, ensuring the stock level is adequate at all times and to replenish paper and toner in ward printers as required.
- To ensure wristbands printed with patient name and DOB are given to the relevant nurse on patient arrival or attached to the relevant notes.
- To book and confirm patient transport as required.
- To order or cancel oxygen supplies or mattresses as directed by the nursing staff.
- To collect and pick up bloods from the Royal Free Hospital if required.
- To liaise with the Pharmacy on drugs orders as required.
- To check that all patient aftercare is completed once handed over from the nursing team and doctor, including notifying external agencies and internal liaison with the Psych-Social team.
- To maintain accurate and up to date records of nursing annual leave, sickness and training on KEM.
- To be responsible for undertaking CRB applications as directed
- To ensure the admin volunteers working for the Wards are supervised and managed
- To provide dedicated administrative support to particular members of the multi-disciplinary team as agreed with the Ward Manager and Administration Team Leader.
- To work as a full member of the Administration Team, providing reception cover, undertaking agreed duties during the absence of any other Hospice administrator, and working flexibly across both the inpatient and Day Therapy Unit as required.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Good admin experience
- Experience working in a healthcare setting
- EMIS experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
<< Previous Next >>
<< Go back to list