Up to 12 weeks with view to extend
We have a great opportunity for a Finance Officer with experience of Purchase Orders to work as part of a busy team in Wembley.
Housing experience would be an advantage
Oracle Financials experience would be an advantage
MUST HAVE AN ENCHANCED DBS AND EXPERIENCE WORKING WITHIN LOCAL AUTHORITY FOR THIS ROLE
Finance Officer duties will include:
- Responsible under the guidance of senior staff, for the development and management of financial systems and procedures within the KS 3/ KS 4 PRU, Health Needs Education Team, Inclusion Support Team and Learning and Inclusion Resource Team.
- Manage the purchase order system for the housing management department within LBB and undertake various tasks associated with the AP and AR ledgers.
- Work collaboratively with the Council’s finance department by supporting (and using) any systems and/or processes in place and ensuring the timely availability and accuracy of the unit’s financial information.
- Assist with the planning and monitoring of budgets, production of reports and records and reporting on the units’ financial position as required.
- Monitor expenditure and income against agreed budget allocations and manage and maintain manual and computerised records and management information systems, including ORACLE and SIMS.
- Carry out research, obtain information and analyse financial data and information,producing reports and records as required.
- Carry out administration of complex procedures, including the completion and submission of returns to the Council’s finance team and other external agencies (e.g. month end and year end reporting; consistent financial reporting, schools financial value standards etc.)
- Responsible for the maintenance of any asset registers or inventories.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of budgets by providing timely and accurate information, advice and forecasts.
- Liaise with suppliers/contractors, organising completions, monitoring completion of work and ensuring that appropriate financial procedures are complied with and that applicable registrations are in place e.g. VAT registrations are in place
- Assist with the administration of payroll ensuring that payments and deductions are correct and bringing any inconsistencies to the attention of the Head of the KS 3 / 4 PRU and/or the Council’s finance team.
- Maintain operational controls on and administer any cash or cash related systems, e.g. government procurement cards, pre-paid cards and petty cash, as well as ensuring the proper collection, banking and reconciliation of any monies due to or received by the service.
- Liaise with the Council’s finance department any tax related matters (e.g. on self-employment and VAT), legal and insurance obligations and ensure strict adherence with Council policy, procedures and deadlines
- Assist with the procurement requirements for supplies and services including (where applicable) obtaining quotes (and their assessment)
- Provide advice and guidance to Head Teachers, senior managers and other staff in relation to budget matters and financial record keeping.
- Participate in training and development activities and programmes, and attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council’s Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
If you have:
- Local Authority experience
- Enhanced DBS
- Good communication and numeracy skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Oracle, Sims
- Knowledge of relevant financial policies, procedures and codes of practice, and awareness of relevant legislation
Then apply now!
<< Previous Next >>
<< Go back to list